Who Needs Household Document Organization?
- When was the last time you cleaned out your files?
- Are you confused about what to keep and what to throw away?
- Are your most important documents located in one secure and accessible location?
- Does your spouse know where all the documents are located? Do your children?
- Have you recently reviewed all of your insurance policies, bank, and investment accounts?
- When was the last time you reviewed all of the associated designations of beneficiaries?
EVERYONE NEEDS HOUSEHOLD DOCUMENT ORGANIZATION
- YOU – if you’re not sure where your important documents are or if they are safe from fire, water, damage, or theft.
- At some point everyone will need to prepare their documents to facilitate turnover to a family member or designated representative.
- Anyone who is moving and does not want to move unnecessary files, but is afraid they will throw out something important.
- Anyone who has recently lost a spouse who “took care of everything” and may not know what he or she has (or does not have).
- Children of elderly parents who want to make sure their parents have and can easily locate the documents they need.
- Disabled persons, those who are unable to make business calls or handle business correspondence, physically go through files, or need general assistance. Clients must be capable of participating in the process.
- Persons who need help reviewing all their family documents to identify those that need updating after an estate is settled.
- Empty-nesters who are downsizing after living in their home for many years, perhaps even decades.
- Deployable military personnel and their families.